NC Federation of Young Professional Republicans
The Young Republicans (YRs) are the oldest political youth organization in the United States. Important to the growth of the Republican Party, the YRs reach out to registered Republicans, 18 to 40 years of age, and provide them with better political knowledge and understanding of current issues.
The North Carolina Federation of Young Professional Republicans (NCFYPR) was formally known as the North Carolina Federation of Young Republicans, Inc. until May 2010 when the organization changed its name in order to delineate itself as a professional association for people ages 18-40 years old. The NCFYPR is an official chartered state of the Young Republican National Federation (YRNF), which has been the official auxiliary of the Republican Party for over 80 years.
of this organization shall be:
- To be the premier networking organization for Young Professional Republicans;
- To be the connection between Young Professionals for Republican Party grassroots activities;
- To train our members in leadership skills in order to be effective in their communities; and
- To recruit, train, and support Young Professional Republicans to actively engage in the political process.
The strength of the North Carolina Federation of Young Professional Republicans is through seven core competencies. All of its activities will be through these competencies.
- Networking: to provide a way for young professional republicans to make personal, political and business contacts.
- Club Resources: to supply resources necessary for the creation, development, sustainability and viability to local clubs of the NCFYR.
- Public Relations: to establish the message of, and to convey the mission of the NCFYR through various media outlets.
- Leadership Training: to train and equip young professional republicans to actively engage in the political process.
- Campaign Connections: to serve as a nexus between young professional republicans and nominated republican candidates.
- Recruitment: to engage young professional republicans to participate in the political process, to take leadership roles, and to seek public or political office.
- Financially Support Candidates: to invest primarily in young professional nominated republican candidates.
- We soundly believe that there is an untapped demand for a new generation of leaders within the Republican Party.
- We understand and appreciate that Republicans are diverse in identity, profession, and political ideology; as a result, we believe in a "big tent" philosophy. We focus on establishing the groundwork to become competitive and focus our resources on party development and on campaigns where we believe our efforts can make the difference between victory and defeat.
- We believe that increasing Republican activity in North Carolina helps the party not only in NC, but nationally as well.
We want the immediate benefit of joining the NCFYPR organization to allow individuals to make direct political inroads in local, state, and national political races and to help identify, train, and provide leadership opportunities for a new generation of political leaders.